No injuries as car burns
16 December 2020 | Accidents
A Volkswagen Beatle burst into flames in Vineta’s Woker Street on Tuesday.
Two girls who were sitting in the back seat escaped unharmed before the entire vehicle was engulfed by flames.
A thick cloud of black smoke could be seen from afar while the fire raged.
The fire brigade arrived and managed to extinguish the flames.
According to a neighbour who witnessed the incident, the cause of the fire could have been due to faulty electrical issues.
“I think that a cloth was left on the car’s battery. This could have caused the car to catch fire,” the witness who chose to remain anonymous, said.
When contacted for an update, the Swakopmund fire brigade said that they were not ready to divulge any information about the incident yet.
“We will have a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss what the possible cause of the fire could have been. We did not get any information on what happened yet,” said Wesley Metjavi, who was standing in for Adri Goosen.